Thursday 27 September 2012

give me the clue, i'll give you the answer! Tabooooo!!





Heyya peoples! this is my seventh post for my media appreciation class. For this post, i have to talk about my experience about last week activity in the class. You guys know what is Taboo? Its the most popular education game among teenagers and i found it very interesting! For those who already familiar or been through with this game i am very sure you guys have enjoyed this game a lot.

First of all i want you guys know that this game is an education game. As an example, millionair it teach us how to become a good investor. Same as this game, it teach us how to become a good sender or in malay its call 'penyampai'. It teach us how to send a message in a good way to a receiver understand it proper. It is just like what 'Wilbur Schramm' (father of communication) said a sender or source must use a language that the receiver would understand so the receiver will give some feedback from it. From my experience, this game teach me how to find another words to describe something to tell to others. We cannot use the words that have been given in the card so we have to think more critically to describe it and we only have 60 seconds to do it. We also have to give a easiest word to our friend to guess the answer. I have been a sender once when i play with my classmates together in the class and i found myself hard to describe a word 'G-String'!! I have plenty of ideas what i'm gonna to say about it but i don't know why my mouth can't pronounce it -.- its a stupidest mistake i ever made! i wish i have second chance :(

Besides, this game teach me how to understand more better about something. What i'm trying to say hear is as in the game, i have to guess what my friend talk about so its makes me think more harder and faster. I feel like i have to understand what the sender trying to tell me even the message is disturbed by semantic noise and give an immediate feedback. Furthermore, taboo have make my thought process improved by make me think outside the box and more faster. In my opinion, if we use to play this games many times, my thought process will become better and better.

Moreover, taboo also teach me to work together with my brain as well. As what my lecturer have said before, sometimes we know what it is about and we have idea about it but we cannot explain and sometimes we find hard to talk about it. So this game teach me how to work mouth and brain together. Hence, i have gain a lot of positive experiences from this game and i feel happy when everybody enjoys and involve in taboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment